Peter Granser (Austria) Residency: May, 2013
Peter Granser is self-educated and was invited to the World Press Photo Masterclass in 2001. He was given the Arles Discovery Award and the Deutscher Sozialpreis in 2002, as well as the Oskar-Barnack Award in 2004. In 2006 Peter Granser was a stipendiary of the German Kunststiftung Baden-Wuerttemberg and was awarded the Helmut-Kraft-Foundation Talent Art Prize in 2011. His works have been exhibited internationally and are presented in public collections such as the Houston Museum of Fine Arts,USA, the Fundación Ordóñez-Falcó, Spain, the ARTIUM Centro-Museo Vasco de Arte Contemporáneo, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain, the Fotomuseum Winterthur, Switzerland, the Alison and Peter Klein Collection, Germany and the Staatsgalerie Stuttgart, Graphische Sammlung, Germany.
Peter’s residency at Studio Kura is sponsored by Austrian Cultural Forum.
- May 15th, 2013: Talk event “konya2023 talk vol.3” [announcement] [report]
- May 24th, 2013: Workshop at Kyushu University
- May 25th, 2013: His exhibition at Studio Kura Gallery opens [announcement] [report]
During his stay, he organised several events. One was an artist talk at art space KONNYA locaed in FUKUOKA city. Another is giving a lecture and workshop at KYUSHU UNIVERSITY.
At the end of his stay, he held the solo exhibition 「Schatten Felder」to show pictures and video.
Also He joined the TAIKYOKUKEN lessons on weekend with locals at Studio Kura.
He published 5 books to date:
- 2003: Sun City, Benteli, Switzerland
- 2005: Alzheimer, Kehrer,Germany / La Fabrica, Spain
- 2006: Coney Island, Hatje Cantz, Germany/Galerie Mennour, France
- 2008: SIGNS, Hatje Cantz, Germany / MoCP, USA
- 2011: Peter Granser 2000-2007, Superlabo, Japan
- 2012: Was einem Heimat war, Buecher & Hefte, Germany (May 2012)
- 2012: „J’ai perdu ma tête”, Kodoji, Switzerland (July 2012)
Peter Granser’s book Signs
Peter Granser’s project Heaven in Clouds