We are pleased to announce an exhibition Inmersion by Santiago Zarzosa on November 23(Sat.) – 24(Sun.), as a result of his activity during his stay at Studio Kura.
Santiago Zarzosa is an artist specialized in Oil Painting based in Minneapolis. He also works with copper plates and linoleum based press printmaking as well as drawing. He has a Bachelor in Marketing/Advertising and his art career has been fed with classes from private ateliers and co-ops drawing sessions in Western Europe were he grew up and continuously in the USA. He also has extensive Museum, Galeries and art book learning exposure from the best museums worldwide.
I am trying to convey the traditional arts of Sumi-e and Ukiyo-e that I have never attempted before and create visions of modern with the old images of Japan.
I am also trying to absorb the local views and traditions of the area like the agricultural and other riches into my paintings.
Santiago Zarzosa “Inmersion”
– Paper (Itoshima studio view and Torii Gate big size.
– Sumi-e Water color and ink representational
– Linocut Japanese representational – Re-interpreting my view on Ono No Komichi Legend
– Ukiyo-e Japanese representational
Date: November 23 (Saturday) & 24 (Sunday), 11:00 to 18:00.
* We will hold an artist talk on 23rd (Sat.), starting at 15:00.
* The exhibitions by other current residence artists will be held at the same exhibition periods.